Re: Heroes cannot save everyone!

Hi,
I see what you mean about hg titles now, but that's because of as I said, there the authors just do their own thing and they aren't limited or have ristrictions based upon them by the company. This as can be seen is both good and bad.
Sabres,ZE, way walkers series, tin star. are some of the examples of some truly epic ones,
While wizards choice,path of light? (not so sure about its name) swords of the elements etc are well, the less said about them the better. big_smile
Dan_C put it just right. the first 2 games in the hero series that I've tried were linear. I.E in most cases no matter what you do,how you do it or what actions you choose will have no effect at all. so why provide a choice at all. I ment it to be a novel like in that sense, as all you do is read through, while under the elution that the choices you make actually do matter.
Th is is more prevalent in the first hero game, apparently the author did do a little better with the second one.
Although it has to be said, even though I don't like the series as the hole, heros project has a part I really like.
spoilers ahoy

its where you are put in command of a few heros,and have to pit them against the other team, considering the obstacles and who would be the best to pass through them.
That alone made playing the hole game worth it. big_smile

spoilers end

Its not only that sabres and mecha aice are quite good games (sabres beats them all hands down for me though), but paul wang if I am spelling his name right, can actually write really well.
Not just that though, even as a game Sabres of infinity is designed well. You could play it over and over again, make just a few different choices here and there,and end up with a totally different game. Or at least, get different text in the same choices if your stats happen to be different.
A podcast might be good, although with ios being as eazy as it is, and choice of games being what they are, I don't really see it as that difficult,but than again it may end up to be fun.
Can I put forward sabres as a suggestion for the podcast if you do one? tongue
grryf