Re: Heroes cannot save everyone!

Well grryf, the issue I seem to be having is one I ran into occasionally with other games written in choice script, namely that the author's definition of what actions correspond to what stats isn't always the same as mine, in this case it's the reality show personalities thing.

It's like when in zombie exodus you have the inefected person sking you to shoot them. To me, shooting them is the more humane decision, it stops them from becomming a zombie (heck they're asking you to shoot them anyway), not to mentio it means you don't need to risk getting bitten by an active undead. The author however disagreed and thought that was a brutal action.

In that case I can accept the difference of opinion and at least in zombie exodus even if the author's definitions of stats weren't the same as mine I could get a definite handle on what he was thinking, in hero project less so.

I have played more of the choiceofgames than hosted gam es thus ar, indeed the only hosted title I've had a really serious play of is zombie exodus, though others like wizard's choice and land of three classes I've had a look at too.

It does seem that the Choiceofgames titles are of a consistant quality, or at least the ones I've played intensively do seem to have worked in a similar way, for all robots and mecha ace have been my favourite thus far, ---- though I also have a soft spot for dragon just because dragons are cool and the game is so light hearted.

Funny you mention the hero games as novels. To be honest if they were novels I'd find them less interesting as they have a lot of the issues I have with the super hero genre that I discussed in the offtopic room, not much explanation of the world, slightly predictable characters, (all truth justice and extreme force), and usual conflicts such as "revenge", "people don't trust super heros", or "I hate my powers "

As cog games however the idea works just because of the descriptions,  different choices and interactivity, especially in combat.