pablolie Wrote:

> You'll just hear a mediocre recording with higher resolution, but it'll
> remain mediocre. I thikn the average hifi system is superior to the
> average recording the music industry produces.

Hmm. Upgrading my system made cd's I yearned to 'crank up' much more
apt for doing so. Radiohead never sounded good on my system until I got
everything just right. Doesn't mean it was a bad recording, just that I
didn't have the right system for it. I certainly didn't buy B$W
speakers to magically make it sound right though.

Conversly, my Pink Floyd The Wall Mobile Fidelity Sound Labs has
sounded _great_ even when I used a receiver, dvd player, and bose
monitors. I wouldn't want all recordings to sound like that, because
the engineering on some of these modern recordings blow me away. The
newest Gorillaz album sounds leaps and bounds better than anything MFSL
I've heard...

If all the cd's you pick sound that bad, I'd suggest reconsidering the
music you purchase :P

--
Skunk