My SB3 is stock, not even a power supply upgrade, which I considered
until I could hear no difference with the stock unit. My files are
apple lossless and AIF.

My amps are tubed mono OTL's.  Extremely fast and detailed.  DAC's are
Sonic Frontiers (remember them?), the new Bel Canto everyone raves
about and a number of others laying around, including a ridiculously
expensive Audio Note.

I have yet to find someone who can tell the difference between the SB3
and the original CD source.

While an audiophile nut, you won't find me spending $500 or
interconnects or power cords.  Those who claim to hear the difference
in the PS upgrades must either have very crappie wiring in their homes
or lots of imagination.

Ever wonder why audiophile "reviews" never, and I repeat NEVER, use
double blind testing?  Because if they did they couldn't tell
difference between most of the stuff they rave about and advertise.

On the other hand the SB3 makes a big difference where it counts
(getting rid of stacks of cd's while making it inifinitly easier  to
find any cd or song in your colletion) and no difference where it
should. (sounding exactly like the origingal CD source)

The SB3 is a very big deal for the audiophile.  Something that really
does what is say's it does.

I will definitely demo it at the next user group I attend for speaker
designers.

The Scientific Audiophile

--
fredrickj