OK, I had a chance to check on this a little more, and there apparently
_is_ an effect where the jitter spectrum can have a peak correlated to
the analogue signal frequency.  Apparently this happens mostly when the
jitter is due to bandwidth limitations in the transmission line, and
will be in addition to many other non-harmonic frequencies which are
correlated with such things as the 44.1 kHz digital frequency etc.

I guess this is due to the fact that, for example, a 1 kHz pure sine
wave encodes into a digital sequence which itself has some periodicity
at 1 kHz.  I couldn't tell how important that is for music, but
everything I read seemed to agree that the worst (for audio) type of
jitter are the components which are not harmonically related to the
signal.

--
opaqueice