As for the aesthetics, that is a personal choice.  I personally prefer
elegant looking components.  As for sound, that is personal, too.  I
prefer not to void warranties, if possible, and I, along with others,
strongly doubt any mod is going to match the output of a lavry,
benchmark, or mytek.  Those units are reasonably priced, too, for what
they are.  But that's me.  Tom concluded that over two grand worth of
mods was not quite up to Transporter status.

--
highdudgeon

Relax.  It's about the music.