El Duderino;409076 Wrote:
> Good point. Downloaded some white noise and used my Radio Shack level
> meter to ensure equal volumes.  It turns out that, for whatever reason,
> fixing volume at 100% on both the SB3 and Transporter is not enough to
> equalize volumes if one unit is connected using unbalanced RCA and the
> other using balanced XLR.  In any case, volumes are now absolutely
> equal...
>
> Not much difference between the Transporter and SB3.  Out of
> curiousity, what are the differences others have noted between these
> two in a true A/B comparison?While I don't have a Trasporter, your findings
> do not surprise me.
Level matching using instruments (not simply ones ear) is critical.
I've been fooled multiple times when comparing equipment simply because
one was a bit louder.

Ideally, to further eliminate bias, the test is performed blind.

--
davidjames

Discuss Quality Audio/Home Theater on a budget:
http://www.budgetavtalk.com
Blogging Soccer/Audio/Home Theater: http://blogs.netlowdown.com