Robin Bowes;542877 Wrote:
> I think what this demonstrates is that some folk prefer a compressed
> sound while others prefer a more natural sound.
>
> This is personal preference.
>
> I prefer the latter; mswlogo seems to prefer the former.
>
> R.That's probably what what it is. As I mostly listen to albums I've
usually got replaygain disabled, so when you get to something that's
lot louder than what you've just been listening to it's rather
jarring.

OTOH, I find the LPCM DVD rip of When Hell Freezes Over to be a great
listen - definitely not overbearing, lots of subtlety and plenty
headroom to really turn it up if you're in the mood.

--
audiomuze

'Cable break-in is real, and occurs between the ears of the listener -
nowhere else (most certainly not in the cable).'
(http://sound.westhost.com/cables.htm)

'*last.fm*' (http://www.last.fm/user/audiomuze)