bluegaspode;685101 Wrote:
> I like this one.
> Magiccarpetride: as you can see, here the testers also included the
> same cable as a 'control group', much like you suggested.

The issue is that if you keep playing the exact same track under the
exact same conditions, subjectively people will be prone to detect
variations. And these variations will tend to be much more pronounced
if the listeners are under the false impression that something in the
audio chain was altered during the course of iterations.

Human ears-brain feedback loop is faulty that way, we get easily nudged
into hearing differences where there are none to be found.

But similar to how we are prone to enjoy a good drink much more if it's
taken in an attractive glass, while that same drink tends to taste bad
if taken form a baby bottle, we enjoy audio reproduction more if it's
delivered via attractively looking components. Hence the higher price
tag is very justifiable (same as nice crystal glasses will set us back
more than purchasing some shitty plastic mugs).

--
magiccarpetride