ralphpnj wrote:
> Hey I represent that remark!
>
> The main reason that I was willing and able to make such a reasonable
> post is that I felt that jh901 was attempting (quite successfully I
> would say) to be reasonable and appeared to be truly puzzled at the
> behavior of me and several other forum members. And I do agree with
> jh901 that this forum should be a pleasant place to visit and offer the
> members a place to freely exchange information and hopefully learn
> something new. Hopefully this new approach will help to bring about more
> understanding and less bile.
>
> And I will repeat again that my main issues are not with my fellow
> audiophiles, regardless of how much I may disagree with them, but rather
> with many of so called audio "experts" or gurus who so willingly
> propagate so many of the misconceptions and outright untruths that make
> this hobby such a laughing stock to so many people outside this hobby. A
> lot of audiophile nonsense, which at one time in the not so distant past
> was on the fringes, is now part of the audiophile mainstream and I am
> often embarrassed to even call myself an audiophile. Hopefully this
> little sub-section of a forum dedicated to a discontinued and soon to be
> forgotten line of music streaming devices can be at the forefront of a
> movement to make the term "audiophile" mean something other a punch line
> to a very bad joke.

Well, I thought it was bit of a breath of fresh air.  But, I have to
warn you that the word on the street is that, if you continue
besmirching the clown profession, after a brief visit to your home from
Bozo & Emmett Kelley and a couple of their colleagues, you're headed for
that long swim in the Hudson.

Rg

System information
Main: Vortexbox/Squeezelite > USB> Benchmark DAC2 D > LFD LE IV
Signature amp > Revel Performa F208 speakers.

Home Theatre:  Touch (Wired) > Pioneer VSX 919 > Energy Take 5 Classic
5.1, Touch FW 7.8.0-r16754.

LMS 7.9.0 - 0.71.20150313git1426153261 on a 1TB Micro Vortexbox
Appliance, V 2.3.