jkeny wrote:
> This the lie that is at the core of your position Jkeny

There is no lie, and the above is a vile but apparently very satisfying
(to you) personal attack rooted in your frustration with your inability
to understand the relevant facts.

> you know that "trained listeners" are an essential element for any blind
> test to be successful

I've known this since I invented ABX.

> it's specified in the ITU BS.116 guidelines for blind testing. The
> training element is a sighted process.

As usual Jkeny you have the critical facts incorrect. The name of the
recommendation is BS 1116 not 116. The training is not necessarily
sighted and it is most effective if it is as blind as you can make it.

> I gave jh901 "advice" not to overlook this training aspect & the
> examples I gave, of real ABX tests further emphasise how essential such
> isolation & identification of specific audible factors are crucial for a
> useful & valid ABX test.

The alleged test you cited is a caricature of the real thing. I don't
know if you are so fascinated by it because it is such a red herring, or
if it is because of a desire to sabotage ABX.

> Completely immaterial to how to properly conduct an ABX test when
> testing for anything other than grossly audible differences

Anybody who takes advice about ABX  from someone who hates ABX in their
soul and will tell any lie as you have to sabotage ABX, deserves what
they get.