Bowers & Wilkins have effectively made a design judgement call when
selecting the input impedance of the high level speaker output
connection to the active circuitry of my PV1 subwoofers which contain an
adjustable active low pass filter & some equalisation intended to extend
the low frequency extension of the opposed 20cm aluminium mica coned
drivers in a relatively small sealed enclosure - the 500W Class
amplification is meant to give sufficient overhead power to preclude
clipping when fed by the low frequency content of a musical signal.
Doubtless you could induce problems with an artificial signal.

This design seems to work fine with my B&W 805S stand-mounts & Pathos
Logos amplifier - whether it would be as effective with a different
loudspeaker/amplifier combination I am in no position to predict.

Dave :)