    Adam> Laura Conrad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
    >> I too have tried SyncBBDB and had trouble getting the necessary perl
    >> framework set up.

    Adam> I, too, had a lot of difficulty with this.  The fault lies
    Adam> with pilotmgr, not SyncBBDB.  After about three hours I got
    Adam> it.  I can help someone else, if they have a linux/redhat
    Adam> system.

I'm using Mandrake 8, and I can't get even the bootstrap program to run
the perl.

I have installed SyncBBDB-2.3 and MD5-1.7, and when I run bootstrap I
get:

Can't locate PDA/Pilot.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0/i386-linux
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.0 /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl .) at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/SyncUtil/ConduitHost.pm line 9.
Compilation failed in require at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/SyncUtil/StandAloneHost.pm
line 10.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/SyncUtil/StandAloneHost.pm line 10.
Compilation failed in require at ./bootstrap line 5.

I assume this is something about the way perl is set up, that people
who install perl modules all the time are so used to dealing with that
they don't bother mentioning it.  Or alternatively, SyncBBDB is only
ever tested with pilotmgr, which I can't try right now because the
site seems to be down.

I put the SyncBBDB directories in /usr/lib/perl5/site-perl, and for
the MD5 I ran:

        perl Makefile.PL
        make
        make install