Gavin Henry wrote:
Randal L. Schwartz said:

Remember "new coke", and how long we had that. (If you're old enough to remember that fiasco.)

Again, thanks for this. My morale is now completely topped up, so I am going to shell out for Programming Perl, although I do have the CD Bookshelf 3.0 (better than 4.0)

You might hurt his feelings, he didn't contribute to the third edition of Programming Perl. Better to buy his latest book _Learning Perl Objects, References & Modules_ ;-)

John -- use Perl; program fulfillment