On Tue, 2004-09-28 at 13:20, Gavin Henry wrote:
> I really like Perl, but lately everywhere I seem to go and talk to say I
> shouldn't be learning Perl as it's old and Python is better.
THese days Python is gaining support in the field.  But I do think it is
mainly hype.....

I do think it is not the question of programming language. Python has
its merits, some good points which are not implemented in Perl. BUT!!!!
Do not be confused you do your code, so you can be smarter than Python.

Gabaux

PS: I do programming in both languages for living.