John Williams wrote:
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 8:31 PM, David Hobby<hob...@newpaltz.edu> wrote:
No, I didn't bring it up.  Would you prefer the
statement "I am prepared to make everybody in
America pay their share to keep people from
dying because they can't afford to pay for basic
health care."?

Then we have a fundamental disagreement, because either way you say
it, the consequences of your statement are that you, personally, think
that you have a right to decide how my money should be spent. I
suspect that you see it in the abstract. I do not. But there does not
seem to be any point in arguing further about it.

John--

I don't get this.  You recently wrote:
No, I do not propose that the US should abolish all taxes, and I have
written that here before.

So some taxes are O.K.?  But I imagine that some of the
people paying those taxes would rather not have "their"
money spent on items paid for with those taxes.  So
can't they always make the same complaint you did above?

Help me out?  When do you believe taxation is justified?

                                ---David