At 03:17 PM Tuesday 9/8/2009, Chris Frandsen wrote:
Your comment on not having much evidence to evaluate the reliability of my predictions is correct, to the best of my knowledge. Which is the most unlikely beginning condition, that we get serious or that we can decide what to do?

When you suggested that your preference is for "a government sized more like US around WW1 or earlier", were you referring to the number of personnel or the amount of dollars spent?

Perhaps he was thinking of one where one or both of those items is comparable per capita, with the "amount of dollars spent" perhaps also adjusted for inflation? Or maybe the "amount of dollars spent," iow, taken in in taxes, as a fraction of people's paychecks (again adjusted for inflation) that is comparable to the fraction of the paycheck taken out for taxes from the earnings of a person then with a similar job, etc., (realizing that such comparisons are going to be difficult because so many jobs today did not exist back then, and some of the jobs that did exist back then are no longer to be found . . . )?

. . . ronn!  :)