On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 7:44 PM, Robert Munn <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> We've been over this territory before. Lincoln suspended habeas corpus
>  during the Civil War, the US. interned thousands of Japanese-Americans
>  against their will during WWII, etc. etc. etc.
>
>  I can't speak to governments in general, but yes, the U.S. government has a
>  history of giving up power. Acquiring power, too. That is the give and take
>  of our Constitutional model.

If you think that the power is ever really given back, in full, you
haven't been paying attention.

Bit by bit, year by year, they hack at it man.  Little pieces flaking
off, usually, sometimes chucks, which are mostly put back, perhaps.

I see the cracks, and sometimes, the fixes make things stronger than
they were before, but sometimes, they're precedent.

You mentioned the interment camps-- how many people are even aware
that went down?  Is that history that we are quick to teach our young
(current company nonwithstanding)?

Speaking of:
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=55925
( tiny: http://tinyurl.com/28yvk4 )

--
"Fear - jealousy - money - revenge - and protecting someone you love."
---- Frederick Knott - Max Halliday, listing the five important