Thanks Michael. I have no doubt that various public figures say
different things depending on who is listening. There is plenty of
evidence of that within our own political ranks where a politician
will say one thing at a private fundraiser and something very much
different on CNN.

I only ask because, to me, the phrase "best practice" would indicate
that "everyone does it" and the context here was an unsourced
statement that the Imam heading the Park51 project is preaching peace
and religious tolerance in America but saying the exact opposite to
Arabic-language media.

I think that most Muslims, particularly in America, are peaceful and
won't be clamoring for Shariah (meaning the Talib-style interpretation
of Shariah) in English or Arabic.

Cheers,
Judah