> Oil prices aren't skyrocketing, and even if they were, this pipeline
> would not affect them for decades.  There have been multiple
> statements of how many jobs would be created, but even if you accept
> the highest estimate of 179,000 jobs by 2035, it would have almost nil
> effect on unemployment rates.

Oil is expected to hit $4.00 a gallon this summer. If a pipeline were
being built and future supplies were guaranteed the value would not
rise so high.

As for jobs, hasn't Obama been the jobs president? Shovel ready and
all that? Now there are real jobs and he says no because people will
be better off collecting unemployment.

These jobs won't solve the 9% unemployment disaster but will be a
start in the right direction. Hell, start drilling in the gulf if you
really wanted to put people to work.

> Also, I know you will find this hard to believe, but it is possible to
> agree or disagree with someone on an issue regardless of their
> political party.

I do believe. It's the few here that have tunnel vision.

> What's sad is that you don't seem to be able to grasp this, and
> automatically sign on to whatever cause your political heroes endorse
> with no thought to the facts of the situation, and immediately label
> as partisan anyone who disagrees with you.

Yada yada yada. I defend Republicans so I'm a mindless lemming
brainwashed by Fox and Rush. Why are you so predictable and 95% of
your attacks are against anything Republican.
That's what's truly sad.