A lot of our gas comes from Canada.  Still doesn't mean that allowing
them to build a pipeline without complying with the rules is a good
idea.  As with nuclear power, drilling, tar sands or any other
process, energy that is not safely produced is not cheap in the long
run.  But tell that to the greedy bastards who don't care what they
destroy as long as they get rich.