Knee, yes, hip no.  That's how got into weight training - the only way I can
put off knee replacement is quad work and getting back to a symmetric lower
posterior chain.

I also have a back issue no doctor has been able to isolate without exploratory
surgery ; deads help but I have to really aggressive about it.