From: Shawn Grover [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 2:40 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Cons to Fusebox

Your statements assume the apps in multiple locations all belong to one
client.  If I had 3 clients who each required a shopping cart app (for
instance), I doubt very much if they would want their system to be even
partially located on server's outside their domains.  In this case
(which is common among software shops) one would need to copy the common
code to each of the domains.  Then, if a fix is done for one site (to
the common code), then it is very likely that fix needs to be applied to
the other sites as well.  I don't see how FB helps with this situation
any, nor makes it any worse.  This issue would exist regardless of what
architecture or methodology was implemented.  But yes, I agree that
there are tools available to synchronize remote folders which would make
this issue easier to deal with.

<rant on
The next comment is directed at GL.
It's people like you who make a mailing list frustrating.  I'm here to
gather information, and stay current with the issues that affect my
trade. To hear someone like you spout off that you are oh so superior
because I don't do it like you makes me want to puke. You have a
different way of doing the job - that's fine.  But to hear you cut down
people who don't do it your way is just stupid.  Grow up.  I've seen too
many people - programmers, techs, or otherwise - with this attitude, and
everyone of them runs into a situation where they are put in their spot.
A little knowledge does not make you an expert.  (And notice I did not
even for a second attack your skills as a programmer?  Isn't that how
it's supposed to be done?  A general discussion - not a bashing without
cause.) </rant off>

<snip>
Roger Benningfield said:
>(1) FB2 places no particular limits on the locations of your individual

>fuses. In my case, each JournURL community is an independent instance
>of an FB2-ish app, but all instances share dsp_s, act_s, qry_s, custom
>tags, and CFCs that are stored in centralized locations.
>
>(2) Ignoring any potential architectural issues, the problem you're
>describing could have been solved with an automation app like AutoMate
>(http://www.unisyn.com/automate/). One click (or a scheduler) will copy

>files across directories and FTP them to the appropriate remote
>locations. Would have been a whole lot simpler than scrapping most of
>the code and starting from scratch.
</snip>

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm