Your statements assume the apps in multiple locations all belong to one
client.  If I had 3 clients who each required a shopping cart app (for
instance), I doubt very much if they would want their system to be even
partially located on server's outside their domains.  In this case (which is
common among software shops) one would need to copy the common code to each
of the domains.  Then, if a fix is done for one site (to the common code),
then it is very likely that fix needs to be applied to the other sites as
well.  I don't see how FB helps with this situation any, nor makes it any
worse.  This issue would exist regardless of what architecture or
methodology was implemented.  But yes, I agree that there are tools
available to synchronize remote folders which would make this issue easier
to deal with.

<rant on
The next comment is directed at GL.
It's people like you who make a mailing list frustrating.  I'm here to
gather information, and stay current with the issues that affect my trade.
To hear someone like you spout off that you are oh so superior because I
don't do it like you makes me want to puke. You have a different way of
doing the job - that's fine.  But to hear you cut down people who don't do
it your way is just stupid.  Grow up.  I've seen too many people -
programmers, techs, or otherwise - with this attitude, and everyone of them
runs into a situation where they are put in their spot.  A little knowledge
does not make you an expert.  (And notice I did not even for a second attack
your skills as a programmer?  Isn't that how it's supposed to be done?  A
general discussion - not a bashing without cause.)
</rant off>

<snip>
Roger Benningfield said:
>(1) FB2 places no particular limits on the locations of your individual
>fuses. In my case, each JournURL community is an independent instance of an
>FB2-ish app, but all instances share dsp_s, act_s, qry_s, custom tags, and
>CFCs that are stored in centralized locations.
>
>(2) Ignoring any potential architectural issues, the problem you're
>describing could have been solved with an automation app like AutoMate
>(http://www.unisyn.com/automate/). One click (or a scheduler) will copy
>files across directories and FTP them to the appropriate remote locations.
>Would have been a whole lot simpler than scrapping most of the code and
>starting from scratch.
</snip>

ColdFusion and related topics.