From: Ali [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2008 10:38 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CFC, YES OR NO

Hi:
I am using CF for while now but I have no other programing background. I
used Lynda.com video tutorials to learn CF and some other online tutorials
like EasyCFM.com. Several days efore I recieved two new CF8 tutorials from
Lynda.com(Lynda.com ColdFusion 8 Essential Training | Lynda.com ColdFusion 8
Beyond the Basics) but I got confused completely! David Gassner the tutor
has a complete plan to talks about many corners of CF but he starts using
CFCs very soon at the middle of the first tutorial. He mentions you can
never use CFCs and make all the application using simple CF tags but knowing
CFCs helps you make it more reusable and manageable. I found CFCs VERY
confusing for myself. I tried to learn it but I didn't get it completely.
Maybe because I have no programing background with other languages other
than HTML. What do you think? Should I learn it? Does it gradually become
the core of CF programing to use CFCs? Please write me your opinions,
knowledge and experiences about the subject.
Thanks
Benign