FWIW, I don't think it's that easy to become a "good" CF developer, either.
Yes, it's very easy to learn the language and it's easy to become
"competent" at it (i.e., being able to build something that works).  But to
actually be "good" (best practices, advanced topics, etc.) isn't necessarily
simple.  In fact, because it's so easy to get up and running, in some ways,
that might make it harder to become really good, because you don't need to
in order to get things done.

Java is definitely much more complex -- especially for people just getting
started -- and more powerful.  But, I believe that if you're someone who is
actually good at CF (i.e., you're actually a developer rather than a coder),
you can learn Java.

Scott

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM, Mike Chabot <mcha...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I was saying the original statement is false since I would never trivialize
> the effort needed to become proficient in Java. Becoming a good Java
> programmer is not "easy," as the original statement was implying.

Scott Brady
http://www.scottbrady.net/