\> >

>   I just don't believe that you can not
> find a job if you are experienced and certified.  It might not
> be your dream job. it might not pay as much as you thought you
> would be making now.  And it might require you to relocate.
> But there are jobs out there.

The issue is not finding a job, any job.  I agree that if you're willing to
work for, say, minimum wage, and relocate to Podunk, then you can probably
find a job.

But that's the rub, isn't it?  How many experienced people are willing to
work for puny pay and be forced to relocate when, quite frankly, they don't
have to?  In particular, how many are going to do it when they can simply
transfer into another profession that pays better and doesn't require them
to relocate?  I am not aware of any mandate that requires you to work in
networking simply because you're a CCIEr or simply because you have a lot of
experience in it.  Take the case of my highly experienced CCIE buddies who
went back to UNIX admin-work.  Sure, they COULD continue to be network guys
if they were willing to take grand-mal paycut, but why should they when they
can continue to get a nice UNIX redux paycheck?

Therefore when people say there are no jobs, they don't mean that there are
literally no jobs, they mean that the overall quality of the jobs has
declined dramatically (something which I doubt anybody will seriously
dispute) such that other options look mighty attractive by comparison.
People will therefore leave this field not because there are literally no
jobs, but because other fields other decidedly better opportunities.