Jack Nalbandian wrote:

> That is anecdotal nonsense.  Any major corporation in need of
> real techs and
> that has a Cisco infrastructure will certainly consider CCIEs
> very
> seriously, yes even above so-called "CS" degree holders without
> much
> experience, for technical lead positions.  I can bring examples
> that are not
> merely "anecdotal."

At the risk of restarting a war, that's a bit unfair, don't you think?
You're saying that a CCIE (with experience, although you left that part
unstated) will be considered above a degree-holder without experience for a
lead position.  I think it's more fair to say that nobody without experience
will ever be considered for a lead position, regardless of other
qualifications.