Jack Nalbandian wrote:

> The consensus among all corporate managers that I have dealt
> with is that
> CCIEs cannot obtain their status with at least some real
> experience.  That
> is the consensus.  Don't shoot me for it.
\

Those corporate managers are wrong.  They may want to look up the term
"lab-rat" and see how it is commonly used, especially on this ng.

Also, consider this.  Those people who really think that the CCIE is
impossible to pass without experience should freely support (or at least
have no objection to) an idea I've been pushing for awhile - namely
requiring a minimum number of years of verifiable networking experience in
order to be eligible to take the exam, and for which all candidates would be
subject to a random background check to catch liars - similar to how some
companies run background checks on their job candidates.  If it's
categorically true that nobody could ever pass the lab without experience,
then this new requirement should not be a problem, right?