On Jul 6, 12:09pm, "Howard C. Berkowitz" wrote:
}
} To be honest, I hate to see product bashing on this list. I cringe
} when I see people starting out with "I have this bug in my production
} network."  My first reaction is "and what did the TAC say about it?"
}
} If the response is "I don't have a support contract,"  my response is
} "then you deserve the problems you have."  It's one thing for someone
} not to buy support for a home lab, but anyone (except possibly
} high-level resellers) who doesn't is a fool.

     I wouldn't be so quick to say that.  A lot of companies want/need
the best, i.e. Cisco gear, but their budgets are somewhat tight.  Cisco
support is generally considered to be very good.  But, one of the
complaints I frequently hear is the cost of it, as well as the
equipment.  However, the latter problem has much improved.  New
equipment is considered to be capital expenditure and is much easier to
handle then yearly on-going expenses.

} Perhaps I'm in a bad mood today about negativism, if that isn't
} circular logic.  It's far too easy to slam anonymously on this and

     I don't think so; although, it might be recursive.

}-- End of excerpt from "Howard C. Berkowitz"