From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Mask Of Zorro
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2001 9:39 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: CCIE salary

The thing is, nothing other than the CCIE cert matters...

CCNA = difficult to find a job
CCNP = around $65k annually
SUN certs = around $65k annually
MCSE = around $55k annually
CNE5 = around $45k annually
Notes certs = around $60k annually

Here's the catch: CCNP, plus SUN cert, plus MCSE, plus CNE5 = around $65k
annually.

CCIE = around $125 annually

The difference is that CCIE's will get higher end, network architect type
positions, while all the other certs will get you Systems Administrator jobs
that might also have responsibility for a router or switch or two...

Outside the System Admin circle, there simply isn't the demand for these
lower end certs. If you want to design and build large, complex enterprise
networks, you wimply won't get that job until you are a CCIE. If you want to
administer those networks and the systems that reside on them, then these
lower certs are your ticket to an interview...

This is the DC, Baltimore, Northern Virginia market mindset, but I expect
that things are similar elsewhere.