This sounds light to me...

Are you talking about full-time employment where you go into work everyday,
at your company, and work on your company's network?  You must be.  In that
kind of environment, maybe this is the going rate.  I have no exposure to
that kind of environment.

You'd easily make 20% more than this as a consultant with a respectable
company.  The Metro D.C. area is littered with consulting companies, many of
which are simply staff augmentation/body shop oriented.  There are, however,
a growing number of quality "project oriented" firms.  These companies are
paying much better, because they know how to bid a job correctly, and they
can bring the right people and skillsets to bear ensuring that they get the
work done ahead of schedule.

They get the CCIEs and experienced designers involved early, to do the
requirements analysis, and set the design.  Then they roll them out, and
bring in the CCNPs to implement.  At that point, the high level guys have
moved on to the next project, and are only needed to address specific
complex issues if they arise.  If they've done their jobs correctly, they
shouldn't need to be involved at all.

I have never had any desire to work in a static environment, for years on
end.  I have been on the consulting end for my entire professional life.
There are trade-offs.  There is some degree of travel that is to be
expected, and the hours are not necessarily fixed.  If you are of the 9-to-5
mindset, then you certainly don't want to be a consultant.  If you enjoy a
constant state of change, then it's probably something you ought to
consider.

What are your goals?

Alan