Bottom line for most job hunters is "what needs to be on my resume so the
recruiter will forward it to company X" The simple answer is certs relevant
to the position. Once at the interview, it is the job of the company at hand
to screen the paper certs vs. the real McCoy vs. the up and coming. Most of
these posts imply that paper certs include anyone without a CCIE or without
extensive experience in [insert skill here] as a paper cert. The reason we
have paper certs is because employers tolerate them. If you have hire/fire
authority get rid of your dead weight and hire someone new. What have you
got to lose??? Grab your n*ts (or female equiv), counsel/mentor/whatever
your subordinates and put their future directly on their shoulders... I've
seen plenty of paper certs myself but I am not in any position to do
anything about it but I imagine some of you are. So when Monday roles
around, some one on the list should get their local paper cert in their
office and put him on notice. Let's let this thread die already... It's not
as elitist as some of the previous ones but it heading in that direction...
if you have any doubts, notice how the well respected members on this list
are not contributing... as far as I'm concerned, that says it all.

Tim