You can start the troubleshooting from the Physical layer onwards.  Ensure
you use the
correct cables - crossover cable instead of back to back.
Then if that if fine, then check the datalink connections.
Then go higher up the stack, to see if you need to add anything in the
configuration.
If you are using T1 card and u want to use only 56k out of it, you might be
in need of
this configuration :

config t
controller T1 0/0
channel-group 0 timeslots 1
no shut

something like that.
let us know the outcome.
rajesh

CiscoG wrote:

> Even if you accidentally configured the DTE with the Clock Rate command
> instead of the DCE, or for that matter entered No Clock Rate command at
all,
> I don't think you would see Serial0/0 down, down. It almost sounds like
your
> using the wrong cables???

[GroupStudy.com removed an attachment of type text/x-vcard which had a name
of pikumar.vcf]