Hth, well, you can't really answer that, since you didn't ask the question
can you???

The bandwitdh statement is NOT necessary, but it is always "nice" to add
while you're there anyway, so your routing protocols can make decisions
based on it.

I don't know what you're trying to say with your "in your case" quote, but
please don't insult me or other people on this list. I can make mistakes too
- I am human in case you were wondering.

What's wrong with "Excuse me sir/madam, but I believe you made a mistake in
your reply to mr/ms".

I do not have my routers setup at this point because I had to move them, so
I can't test it at this moment, but I am fairly sure in my argument that you
can see if your interface is DTE or DCE by doing a show int.

Ole

 Ole Drews Jensen
 Systems Network Manager
 CCNA, MCSE, MCP+I