On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Peter Slow wrote:

> Guys, 261x series routers do NOT have fast ethernet, NOR will they accept
> ANY network module w/ a FE interface.
> neither will 262x routers, whic have 1 or two FE interfaces built in.
> the same goes for 265x. one or two built in, but it it not possible to add
> more.

Yes it was 2620, not 2610. Sorry for mistake and confusing lot of people.

> i am assuming from your description that there is another router in your
> network on that switch.

Yes I am having 2 more cisco routers (3660, and 2610) router and some
Intel routers (excluding the two routers (2620 and 2610)that I am
testing). Cisco routers are connected to L3 switch, and some of the Intel
routers are connected to L3 switch (but on different VLANS)and some of
them connected on L2 switch.

> if this is a true L3 switch, than your 2610 is NOT capable of being an MLS
> RP and there must be another one on the network somewhere.

But here my second 2610 ( in my question) is perfectly able to communicate
with others.....

> your routers eth. interface will plug into a single VLAN, with an IP route
> either static or dynamic to those other VLANs via a next hop, the MLS RP on
> your layer three switch.

yes.. But I am not sure about MSL RP in my L3 switch ( I am using Extreme
networks Layer 3 switch)

> this is quite fundamental. is there an entry for the network you are trying
> to reach in your routing table.
>
> I'm goign to take a wild guess here and assume that there is not yet.

No it is there, otherwise with the same configuration (my second) router
will not be able communicate...

> tell us what kind of "L3 switch" you are using i need to know what
equipment
> you have, exactly, in this case, in order to help you.

It is Extreme Networks Summit Switch.

> i do not think that this is a default route probllem at all.

Yes.

> he is not supposed to be trunking to the switch, he should in this case
have
> a next hop on the VLAN that is connected to other VLANS, if this is a L3
> switching scenario.
>
> I also think that what he thinks is a layer 3 switch is not capable of
> acting as one, or is not configured correctly.

As far as concerning with Layer 3 switch, I am not finding any
falut. Becuase it is perfectly working with the same port with the second
router. I am only facing the problem when I am connected 2620, with this I
am able to ping to that particular VLAN not beyond that.

> Kiran, tell us what equipment you have, and what network connections you
> have.

2620 Router--> L3switch --> other network

If I replace 2620 with 2610, then it is working properly.

In L3 Switch I am having 8 VLANS on port base. And I am using static
routing in that.

Thanks for your detailed mail.

Kiran