>Well, that does make sense, now that you mention it. (OSPF sending
>multicast Hellos on a serial interface). OSPF uses Hellos as a >keepalive,
>not just for establishing adjacencies.

>Notice, that your reply is still hard to read because we can't tell >what
>you wrote and what I wrote. But if you're reading and writing e-mail >from
>Web page, I could see how that could happen. It's not a big deal. >Thanks
>for the reply.

>Priscilla

Priscilla,

Here is how I acces this forum:

http://www.groupstudy.com/form/list.php?f=7

I don't use e-mail at all because I travel too much and can't get to my
account sometimes for days on end.  The web interface isn't ideal, but it
works.  Anyway, you can see that I have to cut and paste previous text and
then "comment out" the comments.

Back to this guys problem....

James,

You said that you knew the protocol must be up because another router had
previously been working just fine on that line.  However, PPP doesn't exist
on the line or in the cloud.  It must be successfully negotiated between the
end points for layers 2 and 3 (LCPs and NCPs, respectively).  A simple "sh
ip int b" would be a good first place to start.  From there you may need
some more advanced debug of the ppp negotiation process (such as
authentication).

Scott