From: Paul Jin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, May 01, 2002 1:18 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: To The Experts and Gurus [7:42996]

Hi John,

I see your concern, but would have to disagree to a certain degree.

Certification is very important, and vast discussion here in groupstudy is
dedicated to Cisco cert, but not everything is a cisco world.  I am not
saying we should start discussing, the difference between VB and C++ here
but I still welcome networking discussion in general that is related to
being a network engineer.

In agreeing with you, I would like to somehow limit posting that is totally
irrelevant so we can have some focus but I don't think talking only about
Cisco equipment and only by CCIE is an answer.

My goal is to be a professional network engineer, and Cisco is my main
product, but I don't want to limit my knowledge to just that or listen to
CCIEs only.

Many Corporate executive jobs require bachelors and masters degrees, but
there are presidents and CEOs that never went or finished college, so should
we exclude listening to them about running a business?

Certs are important, but I don't think we should limit people because they
do not have a certain cert.

- Paul