This is very true!  I think we're due for an upgrade to allow for better
multitasking.  With current hardware I'm used to remaining in a sleep
state for longer periods but this child process causes both processors
to awaken more often than normal.  This excess processor usage is
causing some problems with overheating so we're also determing ways to
resolve the cooling issue.

I've also noticed an increased number of processing errors while in an
active state.  The processor seems to hang up a lot, quite often
requiring a reboot (nap, caffeine).

>>> "Howard C. Berkowitz"  5/1/02 2:29:47 PM >>>
IIRC, as the UNIX folk put it, John and his coprocessor just spawned
a child process, and haven't learned to deal with the rate of
asynchronous signals.  They also are getting hands-on experience with
the leaky bucket algorithm.

At 3:33 PM -0400 5/1/02, Paul Jin wrote:
>John,
>
>hehehe, I get it now... I have been talking back and forth with others
on
>the post and they told
>me what you were trying to do.
>
>I did not even notice the flame at the other list has started on the
NP side