wonder if this helps explain why Cisco's stock tanked recently, and is now
around 11 bucks?

much as I'd like to see prices plummet - I lose a good bit of business to
non Cisco solutions these days, with customers watching their dollars - the
spillover here in California would not be pretty, and the California economy
is still in the toilet.