Thomas Larus wrote:
snip
> As for nrf, - his contributions to groupstudy have been almost entirely
> negative. While it is helpful to have some discussion of things like the
job
> market and the question of whether it is better to invest time and effort
in
> a degree versus certification is useful, constantly chiming in with
negative
> thoughts and assessments is not very helpful.  This is something of a
> support group, and in these difficult times, those of us who have already
> set out to achieve certification goals need encouragement and technical
> advice.

I have recently strongly disagreed with nrf, but I do not find him
negative as you suggest.  I think it's a shame if people cannot
contribute without being personally attacked in such a generalised
manner.

> I do not know if nrf is one of these people (he could just be negative for
> no particular reason), there are some people who come to these discussion
> groups to discourage others from pursuing dreams the achievement of which
> might bring about a greater number of certified IT professionals and
perhaps
> exert downward pressure on salaries.

I don't know nrf personally but I doubt that he's that influential.
Anybody who gets put off the cert process by reading a discouraging
viewpoint on this list probably doesn't have the mettle to see it
through anyway.

rgds
Marc