""Howard C. Berkowitz""  wrote in message
> At 11:12 PM +0000 1/4/03, nrf wrote:
>

> >So if it's doing public good that concerns you, then the more successful
you
> >are, the more you have to give.  Let's face it - it's not going to be
easy
> >to create a charitable foundation that helps millions of people the way
the
> >Rockefeller Foundation did if you're working for minimum wage.
>
> Did I miss something about Mother Teresa's pay scale?
>
> I never said she wasn't tough. Anyone who pays a visit to the
> hospital bed of the then-Mayor of New York (Ed Koch) recovering from
> a heart attack, blesses him, and then hits on him for more reserved
> parking places for her missions is TOUGH.

Touche, but the point I was trying to make was this.

I don't want this to come off as a low-blow, and I'm certainly not accusing
anybody here of being two-faced.  But I've heard the argument before from
people who say that they don't want to enter the business world, or climb
the corporate ladder because they think that Corporate America is corrupt
and they are more concerned with  being ethical and doing good for the
community.  Yet many of these same people (not all, but many) do little if
anything for the community that they claim to care for.   Which begs the
question that if you choose not to follow the rules of Big Business because
you think it's evil and you are concerned with doing and being good, then
why aren't you doing good works?   Hmmm.

Now, let me reiterate.  The above paragraph might be construed as an attempt
by me to take a shot at certain people here.  Not at all.  I'm just stating
a phenomenom that I have seen from some people not on this NG.

By the way, while Mother Teresa may not have personally had a lot of money,
her practice obviously got money from somewhere.   You can't feed and care
for thousands without some kind of financial backing.