Yes, the survey included use of a moisture meter, and showed some wetness
in the deck, which I fixed last year (and had expected to for some time),
and a very limited area of the hull (which turned out to be fine and solid
glass when samples were taken).  It was about four years before I saw
issues that led to investigation that led to work.  I could perhaps have
left things as they were but a) not very confidence inspiring and b) no way
I could sell.

Tim

On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 5:13 PM, William Hall <wh...@alum.mit.edu> wrote:

> Ouch.  Brings back bad memories.  I re-cored the deck of an E-22 once. Not
> fun.
> Did the surveyor go over the hull with a moisture meter as part of the
> survey?  How long was that before you had to tear into it like this?
>

> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 3:47 PM, Tim Goodyear <timg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I haven't tried sharing anything via Google+, so don't know if they force
>> you to have a Google ID.  Anyway, here are some pictures of the core work
>> from Spring 2011 and a couple of pictures from chainplate reinforcement
>> from the prior year.  This year it's just the keel sump (pictures to be
>> posted later).
>>
>> I know this is not a particularly good advertisement for owning an older
>> C&C, or trusting surveyors for that matter...
>>

>> https://plus.google.com/photos/101312290967793013089/albums/5832293047389624689
>>

>> Tim
>> Mojito
>> 1984 C&C 35-3
>> Branford, CT
>>

>> On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 9:13 AM, dwight veinot <
>> dwightvei...@hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> ** ** **
>>>
>>> Tim****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Do you have any photos of the repair that you can share?  If so I’d like
>>> to have a look, please****
>>>
>>> ** **
>>>
>>> Dwight Veinot****
>>>
>>> C&C 35 MKII, Alianna****