‎...I'm going with weight reduction!

sam :-)
  Original Message
From: Leslie Paal via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2014 10:05 AM
To: cnc-listCNC boat owners; Robert Abbott
Reply To: Leslie Paal
Subject: Re: Stus-List Mast Holes

That's what you get when you believe things you read on the internet. :-(

Leslie.

On Thu, 6/12/14, Robert Abbott via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

Subject: Stus-List Mast Holes
To: "Chuck S" <cscheaf...@comcast.net>, "CNC boat owners, cnc-list"
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: Thursday, June 12, 2014, 7:29 AM

Chuck:

I don't have any pics of the mast holes but I will
take some the
next time I am on the boat.  Yes they are definitely
in a
pattern.

We bought our 32 from the original owner that ordered
the boat
from C&C, Niagara on the Lakes, in 1984.  He told
me the mast
holes were part of the 'special order(s)' he
wanted.....the mast
holes were for ventilation and not for the purpose
Leslie Paal
described in an earlier post:

"The primary reason is to have a 'fail
safe' point on the keel stepped mast in case the loss of
standing rigging. If the mast was going over it would not
open up the cabin as badly. I agree the ventilation is a
great bonus.