Don’t lose sight of the fact that “restricted in the ability to maneuver” is
because of the WORK that is being done. So if the rowboat is not dredging,
laying cable, or any of the other activities defined in rule 3 it could not be
considered restricted.

Rule 2 says he needs to not hit you, and you need to not hit him. And Rule 2
also say that avoiding collision takes precedence over all the other rules.

So, since the person in the rowboat, kayak, SUP, or canoe is most likely a
clueless duffus, the onus seems to be on us to avoid them. Whatever moral
rights we may believe we have.

Rick Brass

USCG Master 2878278

Washington, NC