Hi David,

On 25/07/2011, at 8:44 AM, David Duncan wrote:

> On Jul 24, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Karl Goiser wrote:
>
>> So, I tried the trick with behaviours, assigning debugging to a special tab.
>>  Sure it seems to work, but it doesn’t.  I still get debugger panes crowding
>> out my editing windows.
>
> Make sure you also turn off the other settings in "Run*" behaviors, or they
> will modify your current tab when you start debugging. For example if you
> have "Show tab [Debugging]" and "[Show] debugger with [Current Views]" both
> turned on, then you will get a debugging tab in the last state that you set
> it in, and the current tab will show the debugger with whatever state you
> left it in.

Nope, all others turned off.  It’s when I pause the run.  I have only changed
the ‘run starts’ behaviour...

>> Worse, I might be editing a file on the far left tab.  When I do a test run,
>> it switches to the debug tab on the far right…  now, which was the file I
>> was editing?  Because when the test has completed, I am left in the debugger
>> tab…  With Xcode 3, the last file I was editing was the one directly below
>> the debugger window…

Not talking about a new tab.  I’m talking about editing a file, then testing
it.  The behaviour moves me to the debug tab, but because the tabs are all next
to each other, not layered windows, you don’t have an indication of the ‘last
tab’ you were at, which it what is lost in moving from a windowed to a tabbed
environment…

Still, what’s the use of more than one debugging environment?

Regards,

Karl