On Jul 24, 2011, at 10:57 AM, Julie Seif wrote:

> I really do not like Xcode 4. I feel like I'm a beginner all over again in
> Xcode 4... I was just so comfortable to the Xcode 3 and previous releases of
> Xcode interface.

Hope this doesn’t sound patronizing, but: change happens, get used to it :) I
felt the same way about the transition from Project Builder to Xcode, and
before that from CodeWarrior to Project Builder (and before that to THINK C++,
Lightspeed C, etc.)

Some of these transitions really did feel like steps backwards (esp.
CodeWarrior to Project Builder), but for the most part once I learned my way
around the new IDE I liked it better. So far I am really, really enjoying Xcode
4’s UI — the assistant pane and the breadcrumb pop-ups are genius, I love
having syntax checking as I type, and the target configuration editor is a lot
smoother than before. I do wish it were less buggy, but I know that always
takes a while to iron out with a totally new app of this complexity.