On Jul 24, 2011, at 3:34 PM, Karl Goiser wrote:

> So, I tried the trick with behaviours, assigning debugging to a special tab.
> Sure it seems to work, but it doesn’t.  I still get debugger panes crowding
> out my editing windows.

Make sure you also turn off the other settings in "Run*" behaviors, or they
will modify your current tab when you start debugging. For example if you have
"Show tab [Debugging]" and "[Show] debugger with [Current Views]" both turned
on, then you will get a debugging tab in the last state that you set it in, and
the current tab will show the debugger with whatever state you left it in.

> Worse, I might be editing a file on the far left tab.  When I do a test run,
> it switches to the debug tab on the far right…  now, which was the file I was
> editing?  Because when the test has completed, I am left in the debugger tab…
>  With Xcode 3, the last file I was editing was the one directly below the
> debugger window…

Feel free to report a bug asking for new tabs to be opened next to the current
tab instead of at the end of the tab list (assuming that is what you want).
--
David Duncan