On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 12:50:52PM -0600, Matthew S . Hallacy wrote:

> > Best tool for the job.  IRC is overloaded and bloated as it is.  Cutting out
> > some of the unnecessary features is a *good thing*.  Not that I agree that
>
> The problem is that you aren't removing the commands, you're making them oper
> only, which equates to more power to the opers,

True.  Maybe we should just dump some of these commands.  A few (like remote
version) are required to maintain the integrity of the network.  But commands
like /admin, if the users can use the website, I guess opers can too.

> and a less informed userbase
> that continues to get abused by things such as throttling, which doesn't do
> anything for clones, global I lines, which do nothing for clones, etc.

Sigh.  Throttling isn't about clones. Throttling is about trying to protect
the irc server from having all it's CPU time used by people continously
connecting.  But then again I've told you that I don't know how many times,
and you keep ignoring it.  Global I:'s do help. :P

> You know as well as I do that most of the email addresses for servers are
> either directed to /dev/null, ignored, or deleted unread.

Hence why I try and mail them semi frequently, then complain very very loudly
when my mail isn't replied to ;)

--
TONY RANDALL! Is YOUR life a PATIO of FUN??