I am a HttpClient user and a Lucene committer.
I don't see any problems in HttpClient moving out of Commons.
However, before you waste time doing that, talk to people
involved in moving projects from Jakarta and making them Top
Level Projects (TLP).  Ant, Log4j, etc. have made this move, so
you may want to skip the 'Commons -> Jakarta' move and just do
the 'Commons -> TLP' move.

Either of the two moves would bring HttpClient more visibility,
and I think HttpClient needs and deserves it.

Otis Gospodnetic

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

---- On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Michael Becke ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> There has been some discussion lately of promoting HttpClient
out of
> commons, making it a regular Jakarta project.  Before any such
move is
> made we would need to come to a consensus, and vote, within
the
> HttpClient community.  At this point I would like to encourage
everyone
> to put in their 2 cents.  What does everyone think?
>
> In particular I would like to hear from all the regular
committers,